Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ebb and flow

Life lately feels like it all over the place. Feeling energized, then beaten down. Moments where I actually feel on a razor edge. Where concentrating on relaxing by calming yourself produces actual results because you don't sense yourself in being so tense. Then add in a creative personality. Or maybe all this is because of it.

After seeing this book at Borders, and reading the chapter on work/life balance, I've been trying to seek and value all parts of my life that make it rich. I also found solace the other day in a quote by artist Lee Krasner worth clicking on here. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. You know, it's that decision to be happy that is making the difference for me today... just decide to do it. Deciding to be happy, and having something make you unhappy is much better than being unhappy, waiting for something to make you happy. Have a butterfinger and try not to smile while you are eating it... decide which beer you are making next... pick a funny movie for us to watch and rent it for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I think about striking a baseline and sticking to it. OK, a happy baseline. It's my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - it is... but it's OUR life too :)

    ReplyDelete