Monday, October 25, 2010

Lance was right, it's not about the bike

A few things I've learned this past year on a bike.
  • Bugs happen. If you look down and see 20 freeloading bugs on your white shirt, ignore them or face the consequences (first 2010 ride).
  • When you come to a stop, any stop, unclip out of BOTH pedals or face the consequences.
  • Hills are only as big as you make them. Except that one in Wayne County, you know who you are. You're on my list for next year (see below).
  • Exploration of new roads is always rewarded.
  • Wayne County roads are incredible.
  • It might take a bit of work and planning to ride all the way to the western edge of Medina County.
  • Ignore you owner's manual when it tells you not to ride at night. Riding on towpath with only a battery-powered headlamp to see with was one of the more distinctive experiences I've had for some time. Looking forward to taking Jill next year.
  • The cycling season is too short.
Some 2011 cycling goals (subject to change)
  • GOBA (or similar tour).
  • Get revenge on that hill that beat me last year.
  • Participate in Pedal to the Point.
  • A 70 mile ride.
  • Explore Wayne County.

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals! I love that you want to take me riding at night, though I am a bit scared of it. And I love that you are going to push it further!

    ReplyDelete