Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Image Sprites

I just finished a web page at work that used what I learned from my last web tutorial listed in my previous post. I also taught myself how to code some nifty rollover buttons as shown here and included these as well. W3Schools calls them "image sprites." It took some troubleshooting though in my application that had to do with the absolute positioning. But I'm pleased with the results.

I also used Adobe Fireworks for the first time. Simple PNG files crash my Photoshop CS4 all the time and I had a hunch that Adobe wants you to use Fireworks instead to create and edit graphics for the web and interactive apps. Fireworks is very nice in that it gives you pixel accuracy in ways that Photoshop did not. And, of course, being part of the creative suite it plays nice with all the other apps in the suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment