Monday, December 14, 2009

Digital abstract

From General blog images

Here's a little something that I've been working on slowly -- say -- for more than 10 years. I took some Holga pictures of these trimmed rose bushes in the snow back when we used to live in Parma. A Holga is a plastic camera with a plastic lens that used medium-format film. It's flaws were what make it interesting.

Anyway, I've finally scanned them and have created this digital image in Photoshop. I envisioned this as a small series, maybe three to five composite images. Is this interesting? Should I finish the series? Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous.... been waiting for you to finish these for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going! I've heard it said that nature never draws a straight line. I always find images like this to be restful and reassuring in a world filled with so much manmade visual white noise.

    ReplyDelete