Thursday, December 31, 2009

Celebrating Great Grandma

The words necessary to remember Anna Jacobson need to be larger than the scope of a single blog post. And each of us will remember in our own way. One of my favorite memories is captured in this photo. The expression on great grandma's face is made because she will not reveal which one of us -- Kurt or I -- she likes better. It wasn't in her nature to make such a decision -- but she sure did laugh as we each in turn tried to make our case week after week. Just before the photo, I had sat with her because she was momentarily alone in the bustle of a wedding reception. Kurt mistook the scene as me trying to make my case once again as the better one and jumped in. We all had a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, Where did you ever find this picture? I would love a copy, and your words were right on the mark. We had fun making grandma smile!
    (again, kurt not joy)

    ReplyDelete